When it comes to Health, it always starts and ends with a diet that is full of nutrition. And when there is not much time to eat, yet we look for something healthy and filling, then the choice is always Smoothies or fresh fruit juice.
This space has smoothie recipes that are nutritious, delicious, and filling. I make these sugar-free smoothies and juices regularly for breakfasts, to quench hot summer afternoons and evenings, and also sometimes when I run short of time to cook but still need to feed my tummy on time. I don’t use sugar in any of my smoothie recipes as I like to relish the natural flavor of the fruit. Fortunately, I get to buy from a store where fruits are of its at most quality and so, are naturally very sweet. And yes, since these smoothies are filling and sugar-free, it’s great for those who are on a smoothie diet.
Ingredients Substitute for Vegan:
- 2 Tablespoon Yogurt – 1/4 Banana
- 1/4 Milk – 1/4 Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Honey – 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
Nutty Mango Smoothie
I ensure to add Almonds in my daily diet either by drinking Almond milk or snacking it with a trail of nuts and seeds or by adding these almonds to smoothies. In any way, almonds taste delicious. And when you are really on ‘live a Healthy Lifestyle’ anything nutritious tastes delish. But trust me, this Nutty Mango smoothie is going to be really tasty as it gave a hit among my group of friends. They all enjoyed every taste of it. Yes, it’s damn simple..! So, let’s get started
Prep time: 3 min
Cook time: 5 min
Ready in: 8 min
Yields: Serves 2 people
- 20 Almonds, Soaked Overnight(6 Hrs)
- 1 Big Size Mango, Ripe
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey, Optional
- 2 Tablespoon Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar, Optional
- Drain water and clean soaked Almonds in freshwater.
- Keep around 5 almonds aside and add remaining into the blender with some water and blend for 3 minutes to a very fine smooth consistency
- Now add those 5 almonds and blend again but this time not to smooth consistency as you need to get the trace of nuts in smoothie
- Peel and core mango into the blender. Add Honey and Sugar(Optional). Blend well.
Coconut Raspberry Smoothie
Coconut adds to the taste and is used in many recipes either smoothies, desserts, or even in main course meals. In this smoothie, since Raspberry tends to be a bit sour, I have not used Yogurt. Instead, to lighten the sour taste by sweetening, I have used 1/2 Ripe Banana. Overall, the taste was superb. If coconut gives a rich creamy taste, the Raspberry and Banana combo give a tart taste.
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 2 minutes. Ready in: 12 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 1 Cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 Ripe Banana
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- Sugar(Optional) – As per your taste, if required
Firstly I mixed Raspberries and Honey with a fork and allowed it to rest for 10 minutes. I used Honey since I don’t use Sugar. You may use sugar instead. Next Blend Banana, Coconut Milk, and sugar (Optional). Finally, add Raspberry-Honey/Sugar mix and blend again
Watermelon Raspberry Smoothie
Beat this summer with a refreshing watermelon smoothie. I added some raspberry to get a tart taste. The sweetness of watermelon with a trace of sourness from raspberry is what makes this smoothie delish. I experimented with this yesterday and everyone loved the taste so much that, I had to make few more times, finally ran short of watermelon…!
Cook Time and Yield
Prep Time: 5 Minutes. Making Time : 3 Minutes Ready In 8 Minutes
- 4 cups Sweet Watermelon(cubed and seeded)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar ( I don’t use sugar but since this was for friends, I added)
- 1 Cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Ripe Peach
- Blend all ingredients in a blender on High for 3 minutes.
- Cool it and then drink